Problem : Are you unable to update Windows Service pack due to WMI Issues ???
1. As per ‘ svcpack log’, Service pack installation failed while updating with “mof ” files(wlbsprov.mof, cimwin32.mof).
2. “Interface; class not registered “error on most of the service’s dependency tab & WMI control properties.
Cause : above symptoms Indicates a possible WMI repository corruption.
Below are the steps to try out.
1. Run WMIDiag utility & get the detailed report to analyze (available from Microsoft to diagnose WMI problems) - CPU utilization could be more while running it.
2. Recompile all problematic mof & mfl files under” %windir%\System32\Wbem” using Mofcomp.exe - If necessary all such files with those extension using a loop command.
3. If above step is not successful, we have to try repair/rebuild of repository – but that may affect installed applications.
-----a) -Repair of Repository option by using below commands – minimal data lose
rundll32 wbemupgd, CheckWMISetup
rundll32 wbemupgd, RepairWMISetup
-----b)-Rebuild by stopping WMI service & Deleting the existing Repository then starting the WMI service again to create a fresh Repository ( might cause application malfunction if application specific objects were existing earlier in repository )
Try installing Service Pack again once WMI functioning properly